Several android platform users face the issue called Authentication Error Occurred while connecting to a WiFi network. Authentication issues can be seen while adding a new WiFi network or connecting to an existing one.
The most common reason for the Wi-Fi Authentication Error is the incorrect password for the selected WiFi connection. Still, there can be more causes also which are explained in this article.
Probable reasons for the Authentication Error on Android
For queries like What does it mean when it says Authentication failed? And Why does my WiFi keep reporting authentication error? Follow on.
After researching through various android user’s reports and statements about the authentication error issue, we have discovered some of the common reasons for this error. We have also compiled different preparing mechanisms for this authentication error of the Android OS.
1) Incorrect Password: Before coming to any conclusion about what caused your WiFi authentication error, you should first check your entered password, which could be wrong. To effectively enter the correct password for your WiFi network, you can turn on the visibility settings of your password entering the text box.
2) Incorrect IP Address: In some cases, the DHCP (Dynamic Host Control Protocol) settings for IP addresses does not configure the IP address correctly for some WiFi networks. Most of the victims of this error were able to solve it by using a static IP address in their network settings.
3) Corrupted Network Settings: Some corrupt network settings on the device might cause the Internet not to work correctly. A significant amount of users managed to overcome this issue by simply resetting their network.
So if you still have questions like Why does my WiFi keep saying authentication error and How do I fix the WiFi authentication problem, this article is your best bet.
How do I fix Wi-Fi Authentication Error
Here in this article, we are going to share some working solutions to fix this WiFi authentication issue on Android smartphones. If you are facing this issue with your WiFi or home network then read the below steps. You can easily fix this WiFi connection error on Android and iOS.
Solution 1: Turn Off and On Airplane Mode
In the majority of the cases of authentication errors like this, your device’s connectivity might have glitched and requires a refresh. By turning ON the Airplane Mode, you are shutting down all the wireless connectivity of your device.
To turn the Airplane Mode ON on your android device, pull down the notification bar and find a toggle named Airplane Mode and tap on it.
If you can’t find the Airplane Mode option on your toggles list, you can head over to the Settings menu of your android OS-based device and turn it On from the Wireless settings.
After turning ON the Airplane Mode, make sure to wait for a few seconds ( Mostly 30 seconds) before turning it back OFF. After this Airplane mode process is done, try connecting to your WiFi network again.
Recommended: How To Delete Kik Account Temporarily
Solution 2: Confirm your WiFi password from the Router Settings
In some cases, the password for your WiFi network might have changed mistakenly via the Router settings or your Router may have got a reset.
So after entering the WiFi password in the secured text box, open its visibility and compare the entered password with the actual password from the Router settings page.
1. Select the WiFi option from your device’s settings.
2. Forget the WiFi network, which is showing the Authentication error on your phone.
3. Now enter the password for the said WiFi network with the visibility on by taping the show password icon.
4. If the error persists, head on to they’re router settings to confirm the entered password.
5. Make sure your Router’s network is connected to your PC wirelessly or via the LAN cable.
6. In your computer’s web browser, type in the IP address ‘192.168.0.1‘ or ‘192.168.1.1‘ and enter the login details like username and password.
Note: The above-stated IP addresses are common to most Routers, but you can find your Router’s IP by checking the default gateway from the command ipconfig in the Command Prompt (CMD).
7. After login in the Router’s home page, head over to the Wireless -> Security option, and check your current password.
8. Confirm this password from the Router’s settings with the entered password on your device to see if this was the issue.
Solution 3: Reset your Network Settings
Sometimes corrupted network settings could be the leading cause of the Authentication Failed error on android devices. Wrong WiFi and network settings halt WiFi operations and connectivity. Many android users have resolved this WiFi authentication issue by presenting their device’s network settings.
To successfully reset your phone’s network and WiFi settings, follow on.
1. Open the Settings of your device and tap on the Backup and Reset option.
2. Select the Reset Network Settings option.
3. Now tap the Reset Settings button to reset all your network settings including WiFi, Bluetooth, and Mobile Data.
4. After the reset procedure for your device’s network is completed, try connecting the WiFi network again.
We hope this useful article about How to Fix WiFi Authentication Error has helped you solve all your doubts regarding this error’s probable causes and how to solve it with much fewer efforts and straightforward solutions.